We have cotyledons! Bunches of 'em. When we started today, Bug had 11 and Bean had 9.
You can see their planting "styles" here, too. Bug is big enough to be able to listen to me tell him to spread out the seeds and follow the direction, while Bean is a bit short in either the listening or the coordination needed for sprinkling and wound up with all the seed in (mostly) one spot.
After counting and drawing pictures of what the cotyledons looked like, we thinned and transplanted to get six seedlings with decent spacing. I did most of the thinning and moving work and I tried for a balance between picking the largest and healthiest looking seedlings and picking ones that could stay where they started.