This morning we planted our Fast Plants. Obviously very exciting, seeing as everyone is still in their jammies! Since we will be thinning to six plants per pot, we started with 15 seeds apiece. I'm not sure what the germination rate will be, so we went close to 3 times as many for insurance. I got the planters and soil ready yesterday and today the little farmers put in the seeds and added enough potting mix to cover the seeds:
Then we watered them and put them in the light box. For now, I put our outdoor digital thermometer in with the plants. That way, I can get an idea whether we have enough ventilation and whether they will stay warm enough in the basement!
Finally, we plugged in the light...and we're off!